Most people walk into the market and grab the first empty shopping cart they find…
If your baby is with you, then you just set him or her in the shopping cart seat.
Without thinking anything of it…
We used to do that too, until we learned the unfortunate truth about them.
Let us explain.
The average day in the life of a shopping cart consists of:
- Getting pushed into a store
- Being filled up with groceries,
- Being pushed and wheeled out of the store
- Getting left outside until it’s collected by a cart attendant
This happens 365 days a year…
…Did you notice the one thing we didn’t mention?
Ten of thousands of different hands touch those shopping carts each year, and no one ever cleans them.
According to a microbiology professor who has tested shopping carts in major markets, they’re dirtier than public restrooms, diaper-changing tables, chair armrests and playground equipment.
If you are thinking…
Yuck! You have the right mindset.
The worst part.
According to an article in the Chicago Tribune, 70 percent of the shopping carts examined in Chicago in 2014 had the presence of E. coli.according to Charles Gerba, Microbiology Professor at The University of Arizona.
Wondering how you to protect yourself and more importantly your baby from this hidden danger?
Fortunately, there is a solution…
The first is to use sanitizing wipes to wipe down the cart handle and seat where you will be placing your baby.
That should get most of the germs, but not all of them.
If preventing your baby from getting sick is one of your top priorities, then you’ll want an added layer of protection for your little ones.
A shopping cart cover is the perfect solution to help keep your little one from coming into contact with dangerous germs that can get your baby sick.
A protective shopping cart cover will have:
- A machine washable, soft quilted material that provides a 360 degree germ-free zone. This helps block e.Coli, fecal matter and other harmful bacteria.
- Four elastic corners for easy one-hand installation saves you time.
- Toy loops to attach baby’s favorite playthings. This prevents from attempting to touch uncovered parts of the cart and keeps them entertained while you shop.
- Safety strap keeps baby secure and comfortable.
At Balboa Baby we developed a shopping cart cover that will help keep your baby happy and healthy, but we have made them stylish as well.
Balboa Baby’s shopping cart cover was designed to:
- Provides a clean and secure environment for baby
- Protect your baby from harmful bacteria
- Keep him or her entertained so you can focus on shopping
- Fit on all types of shopping carts (Even Target!)
- Doubles as a highchair cover for restaurant outings
We created six compact stylish shopping cart covers that match your unique style so you can take it wherever you and your little one go.
Here are what other mothers are saying about the shopping cart cover:
I use this primarily for shopping carts. I’ve used it at grocery stores, Target, Walmart, Costco, etc and have yet to find a cart that this cover doesn’t fit. My 9 month daughter is comfortable in it, and the hooks for toys are really convenient. It holds up well in the washer/dryer, and folds nicely into itself. I’ve received several compliments from fellow shoppers on this product. Highly recommended! – Shroffie
I have been using my Balboa Baby Shopping cart cover for several months now. I don’t go into any store without it. I have a 22 month old that loves to touch everything and even put her mouth on the cart and it was just gross – since we have been using this cover she has stayed healthier and it is more comfortable for her to sit in as well. – Coralie